I made some super delicious scones last weekend and I wanted to share the recipe (from Betty Bossi) with you. It was easier than I thought and it turned out surprisingly better than expected – the scones really taste like scones! This British food tradition is always a highlight for me during afternoon tea times and since I am planning to do a tea party on my birthday, I wanted to practise my baking skills. Can’t wait to serve them to my guests!
For 12 Scones (4 persons) you need:
1 tablespoon of baking powder
0.5 teaspoon salt
1.5dl milk (and a bit of milk for coating
oven baking temperature: 200 C°
baking time: ~15min
1. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in one bowl
2. Add butter to the dry ingredients & mix everything to a crumbly mass
3. Add milk and continue mixing
4. Press the dough flat and let it at a cool space for approx. 30min
5. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 2cm and cut out approx. 12 circles with a glass or cookie cutter (I used different sizes from Ø 5 – 7cm). 7cm is actually a great size for an “normal-sized” scone.
6. Put on some milk (I actually forgot this part lol)
7. Bake the scones for about 15 minutes and enjoy them as long as they are warm!
Btw, scones taste perfect with clotted cream (you can buy it at the coop supermarket) and orange or strawberry marmalade! You can also add chocolate chip or raisins to the dough for different versions of scones.
Get ready your ingredients I found clotted cream (Fine Food) at the Coop supermarket
It is very light and super delicious!
My favourite marmalade: Strawberry & OrangeI like to write down my favourite recipes in my recipe planner
How about you?Ok, let’s start with the dry ingredients Add butter and mix everything togetherAdd milk at the end Let it cool for 30min Get our your cookie cutter The dough should be around 2cm thickIf you don’t have any forms, you can use a glass I used several forms (I love the floral shape) Cut out round circlesDon’t forget to put on some milk
(I actually forgot it, but they still look fine!)Bake for 15min Make your tea ready :) Enjoy it warm! Have a nice afternoon tea!